Sunday, October 2, 2011

A|S October Blog Hop

If you are participating in the blog hop, you should have come from Angie's Blog and if not, then you should start from the beginning with Tami's Blg until you come to my blog.

Thanks for joining in for the A*Muse Consultant Blog Hop.  This month we doing something different and are showing scrapbook layout.  I started out as a scrapbooking and slowing became interested in card making.  I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog.

For my layout I am going back about over 8 years ago to my bridal shower.  I'm starting a scrapbook all about me.  I've devoted my other layouts to my kids and now I'm going to focus a few on me.

I didn't like how the layout turned out when i took a picture of it so i decided to scan it.




I started with Blackberry cardstock and added the outline marigold from Marvelous Marigolds to the background to make my own patterned paper.  I stamped it in Heather ink.  I also colored one of the marigolds with my Copic markers.  I added two hearts from Hearts a Plenty covered in Diamond Glitter.  For my journal block i used the dotted line stamp from Personal Stationery and added the Smile sentiment from the Hand Scripted stamp set.

I was planning a second layout but set it aside because I haven't quite got it where i want it yet.  I decided to share it in it half complete state.  For this layout, the colors were inspired from my skirt (see second picture).  We were at a friends wedding that was the weekend after my bridal shower.  I caught the bouquet and my fiance (now husband) caught the garter. He was having a little too much fun putting it up my leg.  For the layout i made the stripes using a stripe from Mad for Plaids with Papaya, Orange and Cherry ink.  I added a subtle leaf image to the background of the Papaya cardstock with an image from Beautiful Botanicals inked in Papaya.  I'm come back to post the final layout.

***See final layout here.***


***See final layout here.***

This concludes the October Blog Hop.  Join us again next month for some Amusing Inspiration.

Supplies:
Paper: Sugar, Blackberry (a*muse | studio)
Stamps: Marvelous Marigolds, Hand Scripted, Hearts a Plenty, Personal Stationery (a*muse | studio)
Ink: Heather, Bubblegum, Blackberry (a*muse | studio), Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Other: Diamond Glitter, Twinkle Stickers, Foam Adhesive (a*muse | studio)

4 comments: