Monday, August 8, 2011

Awesome Workshop

This weekend I had an awesome workshop with Kristine.  I prepared 3 make and takes for the workshop.  My goal was to do a with Copics, one with mostly stamping and one that is very simple and easy to mass produce.    I think this format worked out well and the ladies had a good time.

The first card we made was a card with Copics.  This card used an image and sentiment from Woodland Friends.  The cardstock is Sugar and Sage.  I made a custom colored cardstock using the YG23 New Leaf Copic to match my tree.  For the truck we used E33 Sand.  The border was done with a 0.3 Copic Multiliner.  For most this was an intro to Copics so i kept it simple with single color no shading.

The second card we did used one of my favorite stamp sets Avian Notes and the beautiful cardstock Blackberry.  The ink used is Blackberry and Sky.  The pink striped tape at the bottom is Washi Tape (summer). This stuff is awesome.  It is a low tack so it is repositionable.  You can also use it to temporarily hold down dies and you send them through your die cutter. It is a great multipurpose product.  The bird was stamped in Blackberry ink and then Diamond Glitter was added.  The rhinestones were colored with RV14 Begonia Pink Copic.  I now only buy clear rhinestones and use my Copic markers to color match my projects.  Since Copics are an alcohol ink they are permanent on many surfaces. 




The last card was a card i have shown here on my blog in the past.  It is a very simple card that can easily be mass produced if needed.  It used Papaya which is currently my favorite color.  The floral image is from Beautiful Botanicals and the sentiment is from Friend To Friend.  The zig-zag is from Mad For Plaids. 

Thanks for checking out my post.

1 comment:

  1. Carla, we had a great time at the workshop!! Thank you so much for bringing these wonderful cards for us to make :)

    ReplyDelete