Monday, September 12, 2011

PTI Make It Monday #32: Stamping with Acrylic Paint

This week's PTI Make It Monday is Stamping with Acrylic Paint. This was definitely a stretch for me.  I've never used acrylic paint other than as a kid.  I bought some paints years ago and fortunately it is still good.  My color combo for the card was dictated by the paint colors i have.  I used all three colors I have but am already thinking of doing a monochromatic card as well.

I used the first stamp set to come to mind and that was Grunge Me.  The paint colors I used are Huckleberry, Creamsicle and Cherry.  Cherry was very close to PTI Berry Sorbet so I used the cardstock as a layer for my panel that i stamped with the acrylic paint.  I have to admit that i wasn't sure where i was going with the card when i started. I then used Ad Sense dies for additional layers.  Last I cut out the guitar from a|s Rock Star and added a sentiment from the same set. In the end I like how it turned out.

Supplies 

Paper: Sugar (a*muse | studio), Berry Sorbet (PTI)
Stamps: Rock Star (a*muse | studio), Grunge Me, Ad Sense (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Dies:  Ad Sense dies ( PTI)
Ribbon: Enchanted Evening Bakers Twine (PTI)
Other: Huckleberry, Creamsicle and Cherry Scrapbook Shades Acrylic Paint (Li'l Davis Designs), foam dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This turned out amazing great job! Very fun colors. This is my sons last year of engineering school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This will get lots of attention from other bloggers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has a cool art look to it. My daughter is studying Art Animation in college and would like this. My entry is using Hot Air Balloons. You can also see some of my daughter's artwork on my blog that I use and post on my blog.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete