Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Tribute...

My blog is and will continue to be 99.9% craft related.  There will be very few exceptions.  This post is an exception.  From my previous post you may know that my dad recently passed away.  For his Memorial Service, I put together a video slide show with thanks to family and friends who sent lots of pictures.  My dad played the electric bass and most of the music he played was jazz.  The two songs we selected for the video are songs that we know he enjoyed and that gave the slide show a happy feeling. They are Breezin' by George Benson and Morning Dance by Spyro Gyra.  This was my first time making a movie of any kind.  I first started by using Picasa and after a night of frustration, I started to use Windows Live Movie Maker.  Picasa is great for a basics.  Although I am definitely a novice i ended up needing more control over the pics and music and i couldn't get that with Picasa.

I hope you enjoy it.  I know I'll be watching it again and again.


(Click on the video and it will take you to it in my Picasa Album.  I didn't want to put it on You Tube and the upload to blogger was taking a long time with no indication that it was actually working)

When i first started putting this video together i was only going to use pictures my immediate family had.  I'm glad that I decided to ask more family and friends for pictures.  Just about every picture of my dad prior to my birth is a picture I had never seen until the creation of this video.  They made for many laughs during a time that could have easily been filled with sadness and crying.  There was still plenty of crying but we did have some great times looking at the pictures.  My dad was great.  I miss him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment