Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another PTI Make It Monday #12 Post

Here is my third Make It Monday #12 Card.  For this one i decided to color on Kraft paper.  This was my first time coloring on Kraft paper.  I like the result.

I did realize today that I need to clean my Copic pen lids and my nibs.  I got some sticky deposits on my image's face that make it impossible to blend.  Suzanne Dean told me how to clean them when i took her On The Road classes two weeks ago.  Fill a bin with some alcohol, toss in the lids, swish them around then use a qtip (if you want) to get in the lids.  Once the lids dry, put them back on.  She also said I can quickly dip the nips in alcohol and then wipe with a "wipe" to clean off the ickyness.  I should be able to do this a few times before i have to replace the nibs. I do plan on coloring another one of these images in the same manner, but will wait until my pens are clean. From coloring on Kraft, I've determined that using colors that end in 0 or 1 pretty much make the paper look greyish....so avoid those.

The image I used is Laundry from The Greeting Farm (TGF).  I have a few images, digital and rubber, from TGF.  You will be seeing more :)  The sentiment is from the PTI set On My Couch.

Here is what i did.....  You can see on the right side of her face where my Copic started leaving stickiness. 

OMG!!!!.. I just realized those are slippers on her feet.  I was wondering why her feet looked funny.. LOL.  I'll get it right on the next card.
Supplies:
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Kraft (PTI), Melon Mambo (PTI)
Stamps: Laundry (The Greeting Farm),On My Couch (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: Black Slick Writer (American Crafts), Copics

1 comment: